Curator (m / w / d) in the Department of Coin Cabinet
The Niedersächsisches Landesmuseum Hannover is the largest state museum in Lower Saxony with the sections Landesgalerie, Münzkabinett, Archeology, Ethnology and Natural History.
In the Department of Coin Cabinet is the 01.05.2019 permanent position
a curator (m / w / d)
The area of responsibility includes in particular the following activities:
- Scientific support of the extensive coin collections of the house
- Conception and realization of exhibitions and research projects including own and published publications
- Participation in digitization projects (eg cultural heritage of Lower Saxony or KENOM)
- Supervision of volunteers, interns, students and volunteers
- Planning and implementation of events and curatorial tours, in particular within the framework of the in-house quarterly program
- Active communication of the collection area including active interdisciplinary cooperation with the other departments of the Landesmuseum
- University degree in History, Classical Archeology or a related subject (Diplom / Master / Magister) and excellent knowledge of the history of coins and medals; a doctorate is desirable
- Successfully completed museum traineeship is desired
- Own publications on coins and / or medals
- Experience in interdisciplinary project work
- Acceptance of higher-level administrative tasks
- Experience in collection management, exhibition conception and catalog editing, secure handling of databases is desired
- Networking in the national and international museum world and numismatic research
- Language skills: English and other foreign languages
- Creativity, especially in the presentation and communication of numismatic issues, and the willingness to break new ground are welcomed
Willingness to serve on weekends or in the evenings is required.
Remuneration is based on the fee group 13 TV-L.
Applications of severely disabled persons with equal qualifications, qualifications and professional performance are preferably taken into account in accordance with the relevant regulations. A disability or equality must already be proven in the application in order to safeguard the interests.
Applications from people with a migrant background are welcome.
We ask for your understanding that application documents can only be returned if they include a stamped envelope. Otherwise, the documents will be destroyed after the tendering process has been completed. Your data will be processed and stored solely for the purpose of carrying out the application process.
Please address your detailed application with the usual documents by 11.03.2019 (Input deadline) to:
Niedersächsisches Landesmuseum Hannover
Az: 03 / Coin Cabinet
Willy-Brandt Avenue 5